Leaderboard
728x15

An Utterly Amazing Coincidence !!!

Large Rectangle
I've been pretty-much totally distracted from blogging lately, and have not been out and about much either, so sorry if I've neglected your blogs.

I thought I'd better do a quick fill in post to my blog.

In April, 2012, one of my Canadian cousins, who I'd never met before, came to visit with us for a few days. We had a splendid time! Carol (my cousin), knowing my interest in owls, brought me a pair of what I now know to be called Mug Rugs. These were beautifully crafted fabric pads featuring images of owls - one of which is shown below.


Wind the clock forward by 37 months and we had Canadian friends David and Miriam to stay with us. Towards the end of their stay, after they had gone to bed, I noticed that David had brought out his copy of the Collins Bird Guide, for which Miriam had created a fabric cover. I recognised the fabric - it was identical to that on one of the Mug Rugs that my cousin had given me!!!

I placed the Mug Rug and David's book side-by-side on the dining table and when Miriam came down for breakfast the coincidence became 'amazing squared'. Miriam's reaction was 'David, why have you brought a Mug Rug with you?" - or words to that effect! Miriam identified my Mug Rugs as ones that she had made!!!!

Miriam is a very talented needlewoman, and you can see some of her work here. An e-mail to my cousin confirmed that she'd bought the Mug Rugs in a shop, near to David and Miriam's home, which Miriam was using as an outlet for her work at that time.

I'd known long before David and Miriam's visit that my cousin lived only about an hour's drive from them which, considering the vastness of Canada is quite a coincidence in itself, but nobody could have dreamed up the magnitude of the coincidence described above!

Footnote: If all goes according to plan Lindsay and I will be visiting with my cousin, and David and Miriam, in 2017. I've got an amazing trip to look forward to!

Thank you for dropping by - There'll probably be owls next time! 
Banner