Leaderboard
728x15

Back With Royalty - on 7th September, 2017

Large Rectangle
Although it was a relatively dull day weather-wise, on Thursday 7th September I decided on a return visit to see if I could find the Kingfishers. If you missed it, you can find my post on my first encounter with the Kingfishers here. En route to the main location I called in at another spot on the off-chance. This paid off as there was a female Kingfisher in attendance.




Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis) (female) - Leicestershire
After a while, with the bird still there, I headed off to the main location. No Kingfishers were seen for a while, so I kept my shutter finger exercised with the young Heron that is often here.

Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea) (juvenile) - Leicestershire
I only had to wait three quarters of an hour before the male Kingfisher appeared. At first it kept to the other side of the water.

I'd been hoping for some flight shots and so had set up my camera with this objective. However, there were few opportunities. This sequence is the nearest that I got to success.







Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis) (male) - Leicestershire
Eventually the bird came nearer, but stayed only briefly.


Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis) (male) - Leicestershire
It was less than a 20 minute wait before the female Kingfisher arrived. She stayed relatively close to the hide, but went again after 4 minutes.




Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis) (female) - Leicestershire
I hung on for another hour, but the Kingfishers didn't return in that time. It had been a most enjoyable return visit to the Kingfishers.

Thank you for dropping by. My next post will possibly feature a couple of garden visitors.
Banner